Onetrak is a major heavy equipment supplier within the construction, forestry, recycling and extractive industries of Australia. We're looking for an Operations Manager to lead our branch at Somerset, North West Tasmania. This role has a strong emphasis on overseeing the service team and developing our workshop and field operations business.
About the role
Reporting to the National Operations Manager, your role as Operations Manager, Northern Tasmania will see you provide direction and oversight for developing and delivering Onetrak machinery service delivery, workshop facilities, after sales support (parts).
Your role will be challenging and you will be accountable for the following:
Field Service, Workshop & Parts teams:
- Support and input into the setting of the strategic direction of the service and parts teams
- Establishing the required performance standards and work quality
- Ensuring team skills and behaviours meet required expectations
- Setting the team structure and drive recruitment activities to enable growth
Health & Safety:
- Implementing the HSE policy and process within the service delivery and workshop environments.
- Assessing hazards, risk and implementing mitigation strategies.
- Conducting incident investigations and managing any required follow up.
Service and after sales performance:
- Establishing forecasts and performance targets.
- Assessing performance and providing monthly reports against KPIs.
- Identifying and implementing business improvement initiatives.
New business development and growth:
- Identification of opportunities for service and after sales expansion and improvement and contribute to new sales projects within your served market.
- Proactive customer engagement to realise opportunities
- Active participation in supporting company strategy and target setting.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant service experience in the construction/forestry equipment industry
- Previous experience & demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships
- Highly developed organisational & time management skills
- Previous experience in leading a team, ideally in a service operations role
- A strong work ethic
- A history as a promoter of work safety initiatives
- A technical or engineering background (desirable)
Interested? Request a position description by emailing HR@onetrak.com.au For further info please contact National After Sales Manager, Leigh McKenzie on ph 0427 523 188
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive package including a fully maintained company vehicle.
Applications close 20 October 2019. Click here to apply.